North London Deportation Solicitors
If you, a family member or a friend is facing deportation from the UK, you will be aware of the gravity of the situation and the need for urgent legal advice. At Luqmani Thompson & Partners, our solicitors frequently act in high-profile cases and we draw on years of unrivalled experience and knowledge to effectively challenge moves toward deportation.
Our reputation as a leading firm of immigration and human rights lawyers means we can react quickly and with authority to any unexpected legal manoeuvres by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) in deportation cases.
London Removal And Deportation Lawyers
Many of our clients will be in prison or detained when they are informed that a UKBA deportation order has been issued or deportation is being considered. In these circumstances we offer competitive fees for our work. There are two stages in the deportation process, and cases progress rapidly, with tight deadlines to meet. The work that we do on behalf of clients is extensive. It includes the following:
First Stage — UKBA Considers Deportation
The UKBA will normally contact foreign nationals in prison or detention explaining that they are considering deportation. When this happens we assist in the following ways:
- Completing the UKBA questionnaire on why deportation action should not be taken
- Working with family members to assemble evidence of family life in the UK
- Applying to obtain national insurance, medical, prison visiting or other official records to demonstrate the length of UK residence
- Drafting statements from you and family members or other relevant members of the community
Second Stage — UKBA Makes Deportation Order
When a deportation order is made there is normally a right of appeal. It is crucial to seek legal advice quickly as there is only a short time in which to appeal against this decision. Our work challenging deportation orders includes the following:
- Advocating on behalf of clients before the First Tier or Upper Tribunal
- Taking statements from witnesses and the subject of the Deportation Order
- Collecting and collating relevant evidence in support of the case
- Preparing this evidence for court
- Liaising with the court and complying with any directions made
- Where relevant, instructing specialist external counsel
If you would like this firm to represent you or a family member in a deportation or removal case, please contact us by phone on 020 8365 7800 or online. Once we have resolved fees issues, we will immediately make an appointment for a solicitor to see the person concerned at the place of detention. This can include one off consultation appointments where the merits of an appeal are difficult to assess without further information.