This Cookies Policy provides details on:
- the Cookies, web beacons and similar technologies that we and our service providers may use when you visit or interact with us online; and
- your options regarding these technologies.
SCOPE OF THIS NOTICE AND CONSENT
This Cookies Notice applies to all Websites, services, messaging (e.g., email and online chat communication), and mobile-device applications that are operated by or on behalf of Luqmani Thompson and Partners. The Cookies Notice also applies to Luqmani Thompson and Partners branded pages on third party platforms. For the purposes of this Cookies Notice, we refer to all such Websites, services, messaging, mobile-device applications and Luqmani Thompson and Partners branded pages on third-party platforms as the “Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites”.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES?
A Cookie is a unique alphanumeric identifier that may be placed on your computer (or other internet enabled devices, such as tablet or mobile phone) when you’re online. The unique alphanumeric identifier acts like a label, helping to distinguish you from other website users. Cookies, therefore, provide useful information about your browsing actions and patterns.
- First party Cookies: These Cookies are set by the Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites and read by Luqmani Thompson and Partners. You can find more information about these Cookies in section 2, below.
- Third party Cookies: These Cookies are set by the Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites and read by a third party. You can find more information about these Cookies in section 4 below.
- Session / temporary: These Cookies are stored only while you’re connected to a particular website – they expire at the end of your browser session or are deleted from your device when you leave the website.
- Permanent / persistent: These Cookies are not deleted from your device when you leave the website. They remain on your device until they expire.
Cookies do not contain software programs and cannot install anything (such as a virus) on a computer.
A web beacon, also known as a web bug, is a small graphic (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel), that is embedded in a web page, web advertisement or email, but is invisible to you. It operates as a tag that records your visit to a particular web page.
A server log, (the log file generated by, for instance, Luqmani Thompson and Partners’s web server) provides information on how and when web pages and applications are being accessed. The log file details who accesses a graphic or specific web page and when.
2. WHEN WE USE FIRST PARTY COOKIES, WEB BEACONS, AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- Strictly necessary. These Cookies help you to move around Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites. For example, if you are required to sign into a Luqmani Thompson and Partners Site, the Cookies identify you as being signed in and remember you so that you don’t have to sign back in every time you move between Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites.
- Functional. We use these Cookies so that Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites recall the choices you make. For example, these Cookies are capable of recognising if you’ve been to any Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites before, so messages intended for first-time users are not displayed to you. We may also use functional Cookies to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interest and to avoid showing you the same advertisements repeatedly.
- Session Cookies. These Cookies allow us to link your actions during a particular browser session.
- Persistent Cookies. These Cookies allow us to recall your preferences or actions across multiple Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites.
We use web beacons to track your movements to, from and on the Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites to determine the effectiveness of content and advertising campaigns, particularly as they enable us to count the number of times that our advertisements and web-based email content are viewed.
If you arrive at a Luqmani Thompson and Partners Site by clicking on an advertisement that we have paid for (including a paid search engine result) or a link in an email sent from or on behalf of us, then we will capture information that tracks your visit from that link (e.g., referring URL, browser information). If you arrive at a Luqmani Thompson and Partners Site by clicking a source not paid for by Luqmani Thompson and Partners, such as link in a non-paid search engine result or an unsponsored link on a third party’s website, we may capture information that tracks your visit from that source, to the extent we are able to do so. We may also capture information about your computer system, such as your browser type and operating system.
3. HOW TO CONTROL AND DELETE COOKIES
If you want to control the Cookies that are placed on your computer or other device, you could:
- view Cookies stored on your hard drive;
- choose whether or not to permit Cookies to be set by default;
- delete the Cookies stored on your hard drive.
Please be aware, however, that your decision to control Cookies may affect your experience of the Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites – you may not be able to access all or parts of those Websites. Turning Cookies off, for instance, will prevent you from registering for, signing in to, and using many of the services on such Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites.
The main browsers allow you to change your Cookies settings. These settings will typically be found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful; otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.
For information on how to use the browser of your mobile phone to amend Cookies settings, you will need to refer to your handset manual.
- https://www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to amend the settings of a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete Cookies from your computer as well as more general information about Cookies
- http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/ – If you are primarily concerned about third party Cookies generated by advertisers, you can turn these off by going to the Internet Advertising Bureau’s (IAB) consumer site.
- https://www.networkadvertising.org which is the website for the trade body representing advertising platforms. This body provides a one-stop place that gathers all of the opt-out controls. Please bear in mind that there are many more networks listed on this site than those used by us at Luqmani Thompson and Partners.
4. THIRD PARTY COOKIES SET ON Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites
Luqmani Thompson and Partners engages other third parties to provide analytical services. In order to provide those services to Luqmani Thompson and Partners, our providers set and read analytical or performance Cookies on Luqmani Thompson and Partnerss behalf.
Google Analytics is an ad management and ad serving technology. Google Analytics places Cookies on Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites so that Luqmani Thompson and Partners can record how many signups and leads originated from its marketing activity.
An NID cookie is a third party cookie placed by Google services to manage your preferences, such as preferred language. Third party cookies cannot be removed by a cookie control script as they our out of our control.
For information on how to reject or delete this Cookie, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
5. COOKIES SET BY THIRD PARTIES ON THIRD PARTY Websites
To enhance your experience of Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites, we will sometimes embed photos and video content that originated from Websites such as YouTube and Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page on an Luqmani Thompson and Partners Site that features content from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with Cookies from these Websites. Luqmani Thompson and Partners does not control the dissemination of these Cookies. You should check the relevant third party’s website for more information about these Cookies.
Luqmani Thompson and Partners Sharing Tools
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that the Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites now carry embedded “share” and “like” buttons to enable visitors to Luqmani Thompson and Partners Websites to share content through a number of social media networks. These networks may set a Cookie when you are logged in to their service. Luqmani Thompson and Partners does not control the dissemination of these Cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
6. CONTACT US
If you have a question or complaint about this Cookies Notice or our information collection practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org